Edit Source is designed to be your one stop site for photo outsourcing. The primary goal is to give you a simple way to connect with your ideal private photo editor.
Edit source allows you to filter editor listings so you can find your perfect match. On the main page, you can filter by photography type (wedding or portrait) and services that the editor offers (lightroom, culling, photoshop). You can select as many boxes as desired to meet your outsourcing needs.
After hitting search on the main page, you’ll see the first results of private photo editors. To further refine your results, select from the style options. These broad editing style options are designed to help narrow results, ultimately it is the job of the editor to match YOUR STYLE.
Establishing a one-on-one editing relationship is a HUGE step for your business. Imagine a studio photographer of the past hiring their first darkroom assistant, now you can do that simply, and in an efficient way with no limits of location or employee overhead.
Want to hear the latest and greatest photo editing and outsourcing tips? Sign up for Edit Source email notifications here:
Here are the top 5 most frequently asked outsourcing questions:
- How much should I expect to pay?
- You should expect to pay on a per image basis. This provides the cleanest and most accurate way to account for costs. Each photographer has their own prices which are dependent on experience and services offered. The below costs are “ballpark” figures provided as estimates only.
- Lightroom: $0.29 to $0.39 per image for color correction, straightening, and applying your artistic style.
- Photoshop: $1.00 to $3.00 per image depending on level of detail and services required.
- Culling: $0.04 to $0.08 per image based on the total pre-culled image set.
- What editing program or software do I need?
The bottom line is your software needs to align with the editor’s software to ensure compatibility. You’ll need to check with your editor to see if your LR or PS versions are compatible. The best way to guarantee that the photographer and the editor have the same version of software, is to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud. Adobe has a very affordable Creative Cloud plan designed for photographers – Get Lightroom and Photoshop as part of the Creative Cloud Photography plan for only $9.99/mo.
- What should I expect for turnaround time?
- Turnaround time is negotiable and should be considered within the overall price of each editor. Edit Source recommends that editors align their turnaround timeframes within the 3 to 5 business day window, but some editors may have quicker or longer guaranteed turnaround. Coordinate your needs directly with your editor especially during the busy photography seasons.
- How do I send and share files?
- Most editors subscribe to a digital file transfer service (such as Dropbox) to make this easy and will provide you transfer instructions.
- Do I have to pay employee taxes on my editor?
- Most editors operate as independent contractors, which does not require the photographer to pay an employee tax. Definitely discuss this directly with your photo editor. As with all tax questions and how they apply to your specific business, Edit Source recommends discussing with a tax consultant.